Important Bus Information
- At the beginning of each school year the Transportation Department receives over two hundred requests and/or changes for bus service. And there are over two hundred additional extra trips to administer in September, too!
- As a result and combined with the usual routine of daily operations our manpower resources are overextended and strained during September.
- Schools are closed July and August.
- Bus drivers do not work during July and August and will not be available to prepare the route until at or near the beginning of the school year.
- Any new requests for bus service received after June 30 will be processed within four weeks or even a longer extended period after the commencement of the school year in September. This will provide sufficient time to deal with all requests and the least amount of disruption to adding new bus stops on a route as morning pick up times may need to be adjusted.
- A parent/guardian will be responsible to arrange alternate transportation until confirmation for services is received from their school.
- If further information is required please contact your local Transportation Office:
s Moose Jaw – 306-694-7553
s Assiniboia – 306-642-4112