|School Community Council News
Monday, October 17
- Deadline to order our Cheeseburger Lunch on Wednesday.
Tuesday, October 18
- Our Career Development Consultant, Mr. Feeley, will be out for Grade 12 career meetings.
Wednesday, October 19
- Cheeseburger Lunch for everyone who remembered to order.
Friday, October 21
- Teacher Prep Day – no classes for students
Other items of interest
- Good luck to Hudson and Chase at Cross Country Provincials at Wapati Valley this weekend.
- Come cheer on our Bantam Boys Volleyball Team as they host their home tournament tomorrow.
- Pizza / Pasta lunch on October 27. This item is now available on School Cash.
- After being put on hold the last few years, we are very excited bring back the Santa Store! This store gives our younger students the opportunity to do their Christmas shopping right here at the school. The store will be stocked with donated articles of new or gently used items. If you have any items that would be suitable for the store, we would be happy to take them! Watch for details coming home over the next few weeks.
- Reaching for Tomorrow, Celebrating Today October 16 to 22 is Education Week across Saskatchewan. Watch the Avonlea School Facebook page as we showcase “Celebrating Today”! Each day, we will share examples of the wonderful things that happen in our classrooms and throughout our school every day.
- Save those bottles and cans! Our Grade 12 class will be holding their annual Bottle Drive Fundraiser on Sunday, October 30.
- You won’t want to miss Avonlea Public Library’s Fall Fair Fundraiser on October 15. Check out the attached poster for details. It looks like they have a wonderful day full of activities planned.
- The Red Cross is offering a Babysitting Course for those 11 years and older. Registration details are available on the attached letter.
- There is a Flu/Covid Clinic at the hall on Wednesday, October 19 from 2:00 – 6:00.
Did you know….. All Saskatchewan Kindergarten – Grade 12 Curricula are available to view at Saskatchewan Curriculum