Monday, October 31
- Happy Halloween! Students and staff are encouraged to dress in their costume or wear orange/black. The SLC is hosting a Fear Factor activity over the lunch break.
Tuesday, November 1
- Grilled Cheese lunch for those that remembered to order.
Friday, November 4
- The Prairie South team of Learning Consultants will be out to teach our Grade 3 – 6 students about Google Read & Write, a program designed to help everyone engage with digital content and support learning. If you are interested in learning more about Good Read & Write, you can visit Google Read & Write
Mark your calendars:
- November 14 & 15 – Student Led Conferences. We will once again be using the School Interview program to let you book times that work for your family. We will be emailing information, program link, and our school’s event code home next week.
- November 15 – School Picture retakes as well as Grade 12 Cap & Gown pictures.
- November 14 to 17- Scholastic Book Fair. Mrs. Duncan will be sending home more details closer to the date.
- December 8 – The SCC is busy making plans for a Winter Extravaganza. Watch for more information as details are finalized.
Upcoming School Lunches:
- Wednesday, November 9 – Grilled Cheese
- Wednesday, November 16 – Back Home (meal to be determined)
- Thursday, November 29 – DQ/Urban Garden
** All lunches will show up on your school cash accounts closer to the dates. (If you are not getting email notifications about items available in School Cash, check your account settings. My Account – Manage Email Notifications – check I would like to receive….)
Other items of interest
- Grade 1 – 12 parents – Did you know you can access your child’s progress at any time throughout the year through the MySchoolSask Parent Portal? This portal will allow you to see their assignments and marks for each, their attendance, any outstanding assignments. You can access your Parent Portal by clicking the Parent Tab at Prairie South School Division #210. If you need a refresher, you might want to check out their Helper Videos also available on the Parent Tab.
- In the past, we have heard from a few families having trouble accessing the Parent Portal. We would like to make this as effortless as possible for our families – we are here to help! We encourage all families to log in to ensure you can access your accounts. Should you run into any issue, please give the office a call and Mrs. Beitel or Mrs. Krawetz will help to get you logged in.
- We are very excited be bringing back the Santa Store! The purpose of the Santa Store is to give our younger students the opportunity to do their Christmas shopping right here at the school. The store will be stocked with donated articles of new or gently used items. If you have any items that would be suitable for the store, we would be happy to accept them! All details are included on the attached poster.
All Saskatchewan Kindergarten – Grade 12 Curricula are available to view at Saskatchewan Curriculum