Monday, September 27
- It’s an Early Dismissal Day. Lunch will be from 11:51 – 12:31 and classes will end at 2:24
- Mrs. Duncan’s Scholastic Book Fair kicks off!
- Please join us for Fall Fair from 5:00 -7:00. Check out entries from various categories, take part in some fun activities. Our wonderful School Community Council members will be serving Taco-in-a-bag to anyone who got their orders in.
Tuesday, September 28
- This is the deadline to get your orders in for a delicious pasta lunch prepared by Back Home. Please note – printed order forms are not being sent home with every student this time. Please use your School Cash account to order. If you have not yet been successful in setting up your account, please let me know.
Wednesday, September 29
- Good luck to our runners who are taking part in the Moose Jaw Invitational Cross Country Meet, and to our Senior Girls Volleyball team who travel to Vanier.
Thursday, September 30
- We will be recognizing Orange Shirt Day with a short assembly where all students will be presented with an All Children Matter t-shirt.
- Omar & Nadine will be providing our first hot lunch of the school year. Students can order a delicious lunch of pasta with meat sauce and baked with cheese. Includes garlic toast, vegetables and dip and a cookie – all for just $8.00! Remember to get your orders in to School Cash before the 28th!
Friday, October 1
- It’s a No School Friday!
Mark your calendar:
- School pictures have been scheduled for Friday, October 15.
Other items of interest:
- We always enjoy celebrating the successes our students experience in school-based sports, activities and contests, but we would like to also celebrate their interests away from school. Our school is full of artists, curlers, writers, ropers, poets, hockey players, dancers, football players, musicians, equestrian riders – and probably more that we don’t even know about! Kids don’t always like to brag themselves up, so we are hoping parents will let us know when there is a big event coming up so we can wish them well or let us know some results that we can celebrate with them.
- Watch for information about Rouleau School’s K-12 Cross Country Invitational Meet coming home today. Any student wanting to participate must be signed up at the office by Wednesday, September 29.
- Join us in wishing Payton Nestman good luck as he participates in Provincial Golf at Rosthern this weekend.
- Our Senior Girls Volleyball Team will be hosting their home tournament this Saturday. Come out to cheer on our girls as they host Milestone, Cornerstone, Bengough & Ogema.
- Thank you to the families who have sent family pictures for our Family Tree. If you haven’t done so already, please consider doing so at your convenience as we would like have all families represented on the wall. Please scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a picture to school that can be scanned and returned to you.
- Want to keep up with Avonlea School sports? Check out this link to our comprehensive live sports calendar Avonlea School Sports
- Our Milk Program is up and running. Chocolate and white milk will be sold every day at lunch out of the Foods Lab. Student can purchase $20 Milk Cards from the office or by using a School Cash account.
- Remember to follow Avonlea School on Facebook and Twitter. We also have our new website up and running – check it out! Avonlea School website
- Grade 1 – 12 parents: Thank you to everyone who has returned their Student Information Verification Forms . If you have not done so already, please have the forms returned to the office only if there are any changes to student information. It is important that we have the most current student demographics on file.
- If you do not already have a School Cash account set up, you will want to do so as soon as possible. Our plan is to become as close to cashless as possible within the next few months. School Cash is quick and easy to set up and use. See the attached School Cash poster for set up instructions. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.